Tired of rolling all those spliffs? They never turn out the way you want them anyway… And, let’s face it – that’s a lot of hassle that you’re going through when all you want is to relax and enjoy cannabis terpenes and flavors. Stop wasting time and order your dry herb vaporizer today! Our weed vaporizers use true convection heating, which means that there’s no combustion and no burnt taste. They are easy to load, easy to clean, and what’s best, they’re easy to carry around. Simply load your herbal vape pen, charge it and put it in your pocket – you’re now ready to enjoy those cannabis and hemp flowers whenever and wherever.
Dry Herb VaporizersAre you looking for a way to enjoy the beneficial effects of cannabis, hemp, and other medicinal plants without smoking them? You want to be able to self-medicate on the go, without the need to purchase expensive edibles or create your own? Then it’s time to finally invest in a quality dry herb vape pen - a device that lets you vaporize herbs in an instant without exposing you to toxic byproducts of combustion. Before you pull the trigger, though, it would be great if you knew something about dry herb vapes (also known as weed vape pens), right? Don’t worry, we have your back! In this post, you will learn all there is to know about flower vapes, including what they are, the different types that you can choose from, and how to use them and take care of them. Let’s dig in!
What Is a Dry Herb Vaporizer?A dry herb vaporizer is a device that heats up dry material (such as cannabis, hemp, or flower of any other medicinal plant), and creates a vapor that’s then inhaled. Good herbal vaporizers don’t burn the material in question - what would be the point if they did that? Instead, they just heat it up to a temperature that causes aromas, flavors, terpenes and other plant compounds to evaporate. Dry herb vaping is a clean, simple way to self-medicate, relax and enjoy all the benefits of cannabis and hemp without inhaling anything carcinogenic or harmful. That’s not the only benefit, however - here are a couple of more reasons why you might want to consider switching to herbal vaporizers.
Benefits of Using a Dry Herb Vaporizer:
- Vaping does not cause respiratory problems (like smoking does)
- Compound extraction is better with vaping than with smoking
- Enjoy the fullness of aromas and flavors (something you don’t get when smoking)
- Vape quickly and discreetly wherever you are
- Save money in the long run (vaping helps you minimize dry material waste)
- They are easy to use (never fumble through rolling a joint again)
Dry Herb Vape PensThese weed vape pens provide the ultimate on-the-go vaping experience. They are ultra small so you can take them everywhere, and are generally very easy to use, often boasting one-click operation. The best ones are what we call “true dry herb vape pens” which means that they don’t combust the material but cook it instead. The only downside of pens is that they have relatively small chambers - for an extended session, you will need to re-pack them often and they might not be a good choice for groups. At the Kind Pen, we’re especially proud of our V3 dry herb pen. It’s a great addition to every vaper’s collection as it uses true convection to cook the herb so you get all those lovely flavors and aromas without any of the burning. The added plus is that it’s a dual pen - you can easily vape on concentrates with it by removing the ceramic oven adapter and replacing it with a quartz rod atomizer!
Portable Herbal VaporizersSlightly bigger than vape pens (but packing a lot more power and versatility) are portable herbal vaporizers. These devices let users control the temp output and air control, and also have a substantially bigger chamber for the material, which means that they don’t have to be re-packed as often as dry herb pens. But, much like pens, they are small and portable, and will fit in the palm of your hand, which means that they can go anywhere with you. The Kind Pen’s flagship portable vaporizer is the TruVa Mini - it has a larger chamber and a massive battery (2200 mAh) so you don’t have to worry if you forget your charger when you step out. Truva Mini will not burn your dry product (it uses true convection heating) AND it has an adjustable temperature range (350°F – 430°F) so you can tailor your vaping experience!
Desktop VaporizersAlthough large and pretty clunky, desktop herbal vaporizers do have their use. First off, they are great for home use, especially if you’re entertaining like-minded people and you don’t want to share your portable weed vape pen. Because of that, they tend to have larger chambers that fit more of your product so you don’t have to stop mid-session. Desktop vaporizers for dry herbs are anything but portable - they are large and corded but the upside of that is that you never have to worry about your battery running out. The Kind Pen doesn’t manufacture these types of vaporizers but we would recommend them - after you make sure that you have your on-the-fly version always on you by buying one of our products!
How to Use a Dry Herb VaporizersWe did promise that we’ll give you a quick crash course on how to use herbal vaporizers, and that’s exactly what we’re going to do! The first thing that you need to know is that weed vaporizers are easy to use - they are not a smartwatch with a million buttons and there’s no reason to fear that you will press something and make your device go all wonky. The second thing to remember is that it’s usually a one-button operation - you click the button five times to start the device, use it to scroll through temp options and lock the one you want, and they press and hold it to fire the device. Let’s break it all down real quick for all you first-time vapers:
- Charge your device - if you’re using a device with a built-in battery, always use the charging cable/adapter that came with it. Plug it in and make sure it’s fully charged before you proceed with your session. If your vape device is using external batteries, make sure they are fully charged and undamaged before putting them in.
- Actually read that manual - most instruction manuals are brief and to the point, so make sure to read through them. Using a herbal vaporizer is easy but you want to avoid guessing the button combinations for different things. After reading, you will know exactly how many times you need to click the button to turn your device on and off, how long to hold it for the menu to show up, and how long to charge it. This is important information so make sure that you know it.
- Grind up your herb - use a grinder that lets you chop up your material into a nice, even powder that doesn’t have any chunks in it. You want to do this to make it easier for the device to equally heat up everything and not waste your product.
- Load the chamber - open up the top of your vaporizer for dry herb and load the chamber that’s inside. Make sure you don’t overpack it - if you do, you will have issues with heat distribution and drag. If the manual says the chamber is designed for 0.3 grams, load that much or a bit less for best results.
- Adjust the temperature - pick the right temperature for your vape session. Generally, you will want to start slow and then adjust the temp as needed. The ideal temperature for dry herb vaping is between 350°F and 370°F. With lower temp, you get more flavor notes and less vapor and as you increase the temperature, the flavor tends to diminish but you get really big clouds.
- Press and inhale - once your device is primed and loaded, you vape by pressing and holding the fire button and inhaling through the mouthpiece. Start with small inhales to make sure that the heat distributes evenly - keep those inhales steady as you go through your session.
- Clean your dry herb vape pen - after every dry herb vape session, empty the chamber and clean it out. This takes less than two minutes but it ensures that you will keep getting great flavor every time. All Kind Pen herbal vaporizers come with a cleaning kit - in a pinch, however, you can use q-tips soaked in rubbing alcohol to get that device squeaky clean!